Did you know that the largest proportion of all aging diseases (perhaps 70-80%) is believed to occur because the stress level is too high and/or too long-term?!
Our fast-paced, high-stress lifestyles are probably the main factor causing chronic disease and premature aging. But guess what?! Nature has revealed some surprising answers to this challenge – a unique class of herbal products called “adaptogens”. Adaptogens have the broadest spectrum of healing properties of any herbal medicine, but their unique value is that they specifically relieve stress. One of these amazing herbal products is called Rhodiolarosea.
According to Dr. Andrew Weil, a renowned naturopathic physician, Rhodiolarosea may help to improve stamina, mental function, mood and sexual vitality.
Several excellent studies have proved the benefits of Rhodiolarosea on a variety of stress-related symptoms. A study published in the October 2000 issue of the journal, “Phytomedicine,” examined the effects of Rhodiolarosea on fatigue levels in 56 young, healthy physicians working the night shift. The results of the experiment found that Rhodiola increased perceptive and cognitive cerebral functions and reduced feelings of stress-related fatigue. An additional study, published in the February 2009 issue of the journal, “Planta Medica,” showed that Rhodiola had an anti-fatigue effect and increased mental performance for patients suffering from stress-related fatigue.
Want to elevate your mood?
Rhodiolarosea has even been found effective for assisting with relief from depression! Earlier this year, a Nordic Journal of Psychiatry study on people with mild-to-moderate depression showed that patients taking a Rhodiola extract reported fewer symptoms of depression than did those who took a placebo.Another study, published in the April 2000 issue of “Phytomedicine,” showed that Rhodiola improved feelings of well-being and reduced mental fatigue in students experiencing stress during examination periods.
Rhodiola or Ginseng?Good Question!
Rhodiolarosea has all the advantages of Ginseng and Eleutherococcus but, lacks the tendency to cause over-excitement that may sometimes occur with ginseng or constipation as sometimes occurs with eleutherococcus.
Right now you can take advantage of low pricing that we offer in two separate formulas:
Cautions: While it is generally associated with few side effects, it may cause unanticipated problems for some individuals. Discuss the potential benefits and risks of Rhodiolarosea with your health care provider, particularly if you suffer from a medical condition or take medication.
- Dr. Tori Hudson, ND: Rhodiola: Stress, Fatigue, Memory, Mood, Reproductive Health
- Mayo Clinic: Stress: Constant Stress Puts Your Health At Risk
- “Phytomedicine”; Rhodiolarosea in stress induced fatigue–a double blind cross-over study of a standardized extract SHR-5 with a repeated low-dose regimen on the mental performance of healthy physicians during night duty; V. Darbinyan, et al; October 2000
- “Phytomedicine”; A double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study of the stimulating and adaptogenic effect of Rhodiolarosea SHR-5 extract on the fatigue of students caused by stress during an examination period with a repeated low-dose regimen; A.A. Spasov; April 2000
- “PlantaMedica”; A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the standardised extract shr-5 of the roots of Rhodiolarosea in the treatment of subjects with stress-related fatigue; E.M. Olsson, et al; Feb. 2009